[In Progress. Needs a better name.] Vegan nog is quicker, easier and healthier to make than traditional eggnog. This here is a fun take on a holiday classic.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch kosher salt
- 4 cups Bourbon
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- Combine coconut and almond milk in a container.
- Chill milk mixture and avocado in the freezer for about 45 minutes. (They shouldn't be frozen but they should be cold and frosty.)
- Slice avocado in half, remove the pit, peel it and place in a blender. Add milk mixture, agave, vanilla, cloves, lemon juice and salt. Blend nog until smooth.
- Add bourbon, rum, cognac and stir (or pulse in blender.)
- Pour into glasses, garnish with nutmeg and cinnamon and enjoy!
- A variation of Matrioshka Eggnog