At the corner of Haight and Steiner you'll find Maven. While known for their great cocktails and wonderful kitchen, one pairing stand outs above the rest. That being, the 'Chamomile Mile High Club' and the Maven Burger. Now, of course, I can't deliver the burger, but I'm happy to bring the cocktail. A special thanks to Kate Bolton for graciously revealing her recipe.
- 2 oz Russell's Reserve Bourbon
- 1/2 oz apricot liqueur
- 1/2 oz chamomile simple syrup
- 3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash of Angostura
- 2 oz Lagunitas IPA
- Tarragon stalk as garnish
- Combine the first five ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Shake for about 10 seconds.
- Strain into a tall Hi-Ball or Pint glass filled with ice.
- Top off with IPA