A take on the classic Manhattan invented by Marcovaldo Dionysos that substitutes Italian amaro in place of vermouth.
- 2 oz Bourbon whiskey (Maker's Mark recommended)
- 1/2 oz Amaro Nonino
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 1 barspoon cherry brandy from brandied cherries
- 1 large orange twist, as garnish
- 1 brandied cherry, as garnish
- Stir or shake Bourbon, Amaro Nonino, bitters and brandy over ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Hold a lighted match over the glass, take the orange twist in your other hand and hold it by the sides using your thumb and first two fingers. (The colored side of the twist must face the drink.)
- Hold the twist over the match and squeeze it to release its oils.
- Garnish with cherry.
- Here is a video of Marcovaldo Dionysos walking you through it.