Based off a version of the Pegu Club Cocktail, The Austin is the best type of gin drink; slightly sweet and slightly crisp with a nice, warm tingle on the end.
- 1/2 Fresno chili
- 1 1/2 oz gin
- 1/2 oz Grand Marnier
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- 1/4 oz simple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Slice the chili and remove the seeds
- Muddle the chili and pour in the rest of the ingredients
- Add ice and shake vigorously
- Pour into a martini glass
- You can make it without the chili and it's still really nice.
- Will need to try this one with a hotter chili.