A nice, colorful rimming salt for bloody marys and other spicy concotions.
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup garlic or onion powder
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup ground pepper
- A few dashes each of celery salt, cumin seeds, smoky peprika, dried and ground lemon or orange peel, hawaiian red salt
- Add all the ingredients to mixing bowl and stir well. Use with a bit of citrus to rim of a glass for micheladas, bloody marys and other spicy drinks.
- If you plan on storing it, you might go light on the pepper as it'll grow stronger over time. Depends on your tastes.
- You can microwave the mix a bit if you're finding it clumpy or not sicking to the edge of the glass.