Sangrita meanins "little blood" in Spanish and has an origin dating back to the 1920s. It's a customary back to a shot of straight tequila blanco; but can also be used for Micheladas and Bloody Marys.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate grenadine
- 1/2 tbsp ancho chile powder
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1-2 slices jalapeño
- Place ingredients into a shaker or glass.
- Mix well.
- Add more cayenne or a dash or two of hot sauce if it's not hot enough.