The Michelada of Doom. Don't worry, it's not that spicy. (Still in work.)
Spice Mix Ingredients
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp each garlic powder, ground black pepper, salt and paprika.
- 1 tbsp spice mix from above
- Juice from one or two medium limes
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Bragg's liquid aminos
- 1 tsp peperoncini juice
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 10-12 oz lager beer (Tecate)
- Volcano salt for garnish.
- Prepare the spice mix in a small bowl by simply mixing all the spices together.
- Slice the limes.
- Use one of the lime halves to coat the edge of a large glass with juice, dip in Volcano salt to rim it with salt.
- Squeeze the remaining lime juice into the glass.
- Add ice. About half full is good.
- Dump 1 tbsp of the spice mix into the glass.
- Add Worcestershire, Bragg's and peperoncini juice. Stir well.
- Add tomato juice, stir again.
- Slowly pour in the beer. Stirring as you go.
- It's better if you don't stir too much, if you want to get a nice mix, drink with a staw at the sweet spot where the beer meets the mix.
- Add a dash or two of hot sauce if it's not hot enough for you.
- Be sure and use a large glass!
- Try with a darker, bolder lager or Schwarzbier.