A great holiday/winter warmer as featured on Apartment 34.
- 2 1/2 oz Bourbon whiskey
- 3/4 oz. apple spice simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- Nutmeg or cinnamon for garnish
- Place Bourbon, syrup and egg whites dry (no ice) into shaker and shake for 20 seconds
- Add a cup of ice to the shaker and shake for another 20 seconds.
- Strain into a coupe and sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg, or both!
- A hearty shake, both dry and with ice, is key. The egg whites are there to add some nice pleasant froth and that requires some shake n' bake!
- If you're making this for a lot of people, try pre-mixing the garnish.
- If the egg white smells funny, a careful little spash of citrus (squeeze a lemon on it) or bitters can help.